Check out these Six Summer Saves!
Help keep your plumbing up & running in Florida’s hot summers!
1. Avoid a ridiculously high water bill by checking your sprinkler system for leaks and making sure all water (like the outdoor hoses and spigots) are completely turned off when not in use!
2. Turn the water heater DOWN and the refrigerator UP when you’re getting ready to head out on a vacation! You’ll be saving energy, money and stress by doing so!
3. Give your washing machine time to catch its breath! Summer means most people are crazy active and clothes can really be moved through the washer when everyone is home and making the most of their free time outdoors!
Make sure your washer is moved away from the wall it’s closest to, and remember to change out the hose attachment on it every three years for safety!
4. Take care of your garbage disposal during the summer months of cookouts, family meals, and holiday gatherings!
Avoid putting grease and used cooking oils down the disposal as it will harden up and cause problems within the inner workings of the disposal.
Also avoid putting produce and hard fruits down the disposal- it can cause damage to the blades!
5. Consider just how much your household plumbing is being used during the summer months! If more people are home, and toilets are being used more than the rest of the year, make sure they’re functioning well and being maintained! This will help you avoid costly plumbing problems in the future.
6. Service your sewer system before the summer storms start up! Florida is known for its regular summer storms, it’s not uncommon to have an afternoon storm roll in practically every day!
Sewer lines can back up when there is excessive rain or the ground is soaked, so have a plumber out to check and make sure you’ve got everything set for your sewer system to handle the upcoming storms!
These are some quick tips we hope you find useful this summer! If you’re interested in checking out more summer/plumbing tips then check out more Next Level blogs below!
Enjoy your summer here in the sunny state!
If you have any other plumbing preparation questions don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
You can contact us by calling or texting our office at (941) 504-3578 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And don’t forget to make the most of this Florida summertime! We know we will be!