You know, we here at Next Level Plumbing think being a plumber is a pretty awesome profession. Maybe we’re biased, but it doesn’t mean we’re necessarily wrong…
Why You Should Become a Plumber
When you think of plumbing, you might think it’s not the most glamorous job in the world…and you wouldn’t be wrong. Sure, we can find ourselves faced with clogged toilets and stopped-up sinks, but those are a small price to pay for all the benefits and rewards of being a plumber. (And there’s way more to the job than toilets and sinks!)
Here are some of our top reasons for becoming a plumber.
This is by no means an extensive list, but it’s a good start!
- Variety: This might seem surprising to you, but it’s true! There’s quite a bit of variety within the plumbing trade. There’s residential work or commercial work. You could design and develop new plumbing technologies or manage large plumbing jobs for cities and counties. And the list could go on and on!
- Security: The need for a plumber will never go away! It doesn’t change with a shifting economy or a fleeting fad— everyone everywhere with modern plumbing will always need a plumber. This is a very good thing!
- Less Debt: Byron (NLP’s Owner & Master Plumber) has touched on this before, but it is worth repeating: choosing a trade like plumbing means you can gain a valuable skill without a lot of debt. You can do trade school classes at night and work during the day. College, while a worthy path for many students, can be expensive—sometimes devastatingly expensive— and leave you saddled with a ton of debt and stress! Additionally, within the plumbing industry, you can enter a plumbing apprenticeship where you can be paid while you learn the trade—now that is a win-win opportunity! And speaking of opportunities…
- Opportunities: There are a number of opportunities within the plumbing industry. It is a licensed and regulated trade, so you can work your way up to the master level if you choose. Master plumbers, due to the additional training and requirements, have a higher salary and consequently more opportunities at their disposal.
- Independence: And finally…this is a big one—independence! By choosing to go into business for yourself, you can create and design your own schedule and life. What could be better than that?
Like we said earlier, this is just the tip of the iceberg on why you should become a plumber. It’s a rewarding industry with many opportunities available for the individual who is willing to put in the time to get the training and work hard! Did we spark your curiosity? Want to learn more? Check out the Next Level Plumbing blogs below!
Hope you enjoy it!
As always, if you are looking for a plumber to help you out with a maintenance call or plumbing emergency, feel free to give us a call or text, check out our website, or email us at. We’d be happy to schedule a free estimate for you and provide you with all the professional help you need!